My mom always told me I had a way with words.
I still do—but now I just get paid for it.
Witty, well-above average wordsmith with a natural flair for crafting provocative copy for both digital and traditional marketing spaces. Storyteller with a knack for simplifying complex and technical content for a better customer/user experience. Team player who plays nice in the sandbox and works well with others and who doesn’t get caught up in semantics unless they mean something. Wordsmith who can’t quite figure out when and why it became acceptable to use your instead of you’re. A humbled soul who craves creativity — not attention.
Experian Consumer Services, Costa Mesa • 2012–present
- Create online content designed to attract, influence and retain targeted audiences for Experian’s consumer products offerings through its consumer brand web sites—freecreditscore.com; freecreditreport.com; creditreport.com; ProtectMyID.com; Experian.com and social media sites.
- Continuously drive high-volume traffic to consumer brand websites by creating strategic, focused and engaging CRM email marketing campaigns using A/B testing and analytics.
- Work with Graphic Designers and product teams to create online marketing and sales content for web and landing pages, transactional and immediate-bill offers, paid search content and text link advertisements, as well as write articles relative to Experian′s credit and identy-theft products.
- Collaborate with UX team to create wireframes and design web pages that provide an exceptional user experience on Experian′s consumer brand websites.
- Create content for Experian Affinity Partners—AAA, AMEX, and USAA—public websites offering customers white-labeled Experian consumer products.
- Collaborate with Affiliate Account Managers to create effective Internet marketing campaigns that generate high-volume traffic and conversions.
- Use SEM/SEO best practices to strategically optimize and convert inbound traffic to Experian’s consumer brand websites.
- Work closely with Compliance Department to ensure content is compliant with Credit Repair Organizations Act (CROA).
Transamerica, Los Angeles • 2010-2011
- Published weekly General Agent e-newsletter that kept GAs informed about product, compliance and regulatory news.
- Created copy for ads, flyers, brochures, internal and external communications promoting investment and retirement products.
- Wrote consumer-facing content for company website Transamerica.com: Investments; Retirement; Solutions.
- Edited and proofread marketing communications as needed.
- Worked closely with Legal/Advertising Compliance to ensure content was compliant for both digital and traditional marketing channels.
ING, El Segundo • 2006-2010
- Wrote, edited and published monthly e-newsletter for ING’s 7000 advisors. Streamlined publishing processes for a timelier, education-focused communication and substantially increased readership.
- Wrote and edited content for ING’s two smaller risk-focused newsletters.
- Developed distinctive ING “orange” brand voice for each of the company’s four broker-dealers and wrote corresponding brand guidelines.
- Wrote sales and marketing collateral, i.e., ad campaigns, brochures, direct-mail mailers, print-on-demand solicitations, postcards, advisor-recruiting collateral, PPT presentations, product guides, talking points, scripts and speeches.
- Wrote, edited and proofread content for company website and intranet site.
- Worked closely with Channel Marketing Managers and Project Managers to ensure creative was timely, accurate, effective and on brand.
- Worked closely with Compliance Department to ensure all marketing and communications collateral followed the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) regulatory standards.
Burbank/Los Angeles • 2003-2006
- Wrote, edited and updated instructional content for technical guides and manuals.
University of Oregon -Eugene, OR